Advice Needed
Create Post

Thread: Advice Needed

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Advice Needed

Hey Marines,

Long story short, I am looking to get some advice. I'll try to leave out all the B.S. and stick to the dirty. I have 1.5 years of college completed, and my plan has been to go OCS and skip over NROTC. After some conversation with people close to me I am contemplating dropping out of college and going enlisted. The primary reason is because tuition is just ridiculous, and job prospects are bleak. I would still eventually like to become an Officer, but I think enlistment(thinking 02 field) may be my best choice right now. Like I said, I have been talking to a few people close to me, (one previously enlisted, made the jump to officer after college) so I already have some pretty good information. I am just looking for more opinions right now. This is hard to discuss with anybody outside the Marine family, especially my parents. My dad is Air Force, and my mom thinks I would be wasting my smarts if I enlisted. Truth is, I am very smart. I nearly had a 4.0 GPA at a major university. However, I would love to use my talents in the Marine Corps. I have always loved to lead people, and I have always been athletic. I don't think I could go wrong either way, but I would value input from more Marines.

Thank You,
    Wannabee

Last edited by Lisa 23; 06-18-12 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Marines, not guys......we've EARNED the title.

Topic closed until you have a completed profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    PM me when your profile is complete.

And the Marines who are going to answer your questions should be referred to as Marines, not guys......they've EARNED the title!

Profile filled out...topic reopened.

Don't see anything holding you back (except your parents but they don't change your diapers anymore). Sounds like you have the mental and physical capabilities to excell as a Marine; once you decide to make that your goal.

All you have to do to get the ball rolling is visit your local recruiter. Once you do, you won't regret it!

Thread Information